1. Your date flirts with the waitress. Twice.
2. You end up talking about the weather for at least a third of the date.
3. You or your date starts talking about an ex.
4. You order anything garlic-flavored or onion-flavored for dinner, even though you know you forgot your mints at home.
5. You keep thinking about the reruns you're missing.
6. You and your date spend more time looking at other people than each other.
7. You check your watch at least fifteen times.
8. One hour into the date, you already know that you won't be waiting by the phone for your date to call.
9. Your date spends 85% of the evening talking about sports, which you have 0% interest in.
10.You visit the restroom in the restaurant and immediately look for a window that you can escape out of.
11. You think up imaginary blog titles about your date, such as "How I Almost Fell Asleep While Talking" and "Maybe I SHOULD Just Stay Single".
Not all of these things happened on my dates with two different guys last week (though some of them did). I did say I wouldn't reveal a lot of details about either date, but, well, I changed my mind. It's not like I'm giving away ALL the details about either date, and anyway, writing about a select few things that happened is therapeutic in some sense, I think. And I will say that these things have happened on previous dates I've been on.
One thing I've learned from dating is that it gives me a better sense of what I want and what I don't want. I want a guy I never have to talk about the weather with. And as far as those two guys from last week go, they were nice, but...
And that's the thing. If you think, they were nice, BUT... then you know that you don't want a second date. But I'm not sorry I went out with either guy. I figure that at the very least it's a good learning experience, and not, you know, an excuse to buy ten pints of ice cream and sweats in three different colors.
IWSG Day and Scarborough Photos (England Part 1 of 4) - [image: F]irst Wednesday of the month is *Insecure Writer's Support Group Day*! Insecure Writer's Support Group A database resource site and support group...
5 days ago