1. I don't have to put on four layers of clothes before I go outside.
2. I just wish that I hadn't eaten all that chocolate last winter so that I would feel more comfortable about walking around without four layers of clothes on.
3. I can go for a bike ride by the lake.
4. When I go bike riding, I have to deal with all the aggressive, nasty, and territorial cyclists on the bike path who yell, "On your left," "Incoming," and "GET OUTTA THE WAY, DAMMIT!"
5. The good-looking, muscular guys in tank tops.
6. The fact that most of the good-looking, muscular guys only have eyes for the skinny girls in short shorts.
7. Neighborhood festivals, like Halsted Market Days, Chinatown Summer Festival, and the Taste of Chicago.
8. People at the festivals who spill beer on you, which leaves you with no choice but to sneeze on their food.
9. Old movies that are shown on huge screens in the park, where people can set up beach towels, bring snacks, and watch the movies for free.
10. The jerks who set up huge lawn chairs right in front of the people sitting on beach towels, which leaves the latter with no choice but to throw popcorn at them.
11. The blue sky, sunlight, and a cool breeze that make you want to spend the whole day outside.
12. Sunburn, sweat, and bug bites from spending the whole day outside.
13. The view of the Chicago River and the skyscrapers in the Loop, which makes you realize how beautiful the city is.
14. The tourists who crowd the sidewalk, walk very slowly, and make you look forward to winter, when it'll be too cold for anyone to be on the sidewalk.
What about you? What are some of your favorite things (or pet peeves) about summer in your hometown?
My Blog is TEN Years Old Today and Could Use Your Help! - Oh hey, did you hear? My blog is ten years old today! It’s kind of the only thing I’ve been… The post My Blog is TEN Years Old Today and Could Use Your H...
19 hours ago