1. When I was a kid, I spent hours building snow forts and having snowball fights with other kids in my neighborhood.
2. Now that I'm an adult, I spend hours standing in line and shopping for Christmas gifts, while steering clear of the other adults who are apparently willing to FIGHT TO THE DEATH for the newest electronic gadget or the last Elsa doll. Lest you think I'm exaggerating, I've seen many adults get into screaming matches or bare their teeth at each other, with wild looks in their eyes, as they race to get to the merchandise first. (I mean, really? Frozen was just a movie. I know it's easy for me to say since I don't have children and don't have to deal with them if I don't get them the presents that they want. I know that their kids might be disappointed if they don't get the Frozen toys they wanted, but maybe it's time that people should just "let it go." Sorry. I couldn't resist.)
3. When I was a kid, I sang along to the theme songs of TV movies like How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Frosty the Snowman.
4. Now that I'm an adult, I roll my eyes and change the channel when those same TV movies preempt the episode of CSI or Law and Order: SVU that I wanted to watch.
5. When I was a kid, we ate homemade Christmas cookies that other kids brought for the rest of the class to share.
6. Now that I'm an adult, I can't bake anything without burning it, so I buy Christmas cookies that vendors claim is just as good as homemade cookies in order to rationalize charging too much money for them.
7. When I was a kid, I hated the Christmas Day outfits that my mother made me wear, because they were usually uncomfortable, itchy, or clothes that she liked, not clothes that I liked.
8. Now that I'm an adult, I pay for and pick out my own Christmas Day outfits, which is why my mother will usually look at them and say, "Oh. Is that what you're wearing today?"
9. When I was a kid, I could hardly wait until Christmas morning, so that I could open my presents.
10. Now that I'm an adult, I can hardly wait until Christmas break is over, so that I can go back to work.
What about you? Was Christmas more fun for you when you were a kid, or is it more fun for you now that you're an adult?
Eight Things OR How to Procrastinate, a NaNoWriMo update - [image: E]ight Things! I filled out this questionnaire nearly a decade ago: 9 lots of 8 things about me. It's fun to see what's changed and what hasn't!...
4 days ago