Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tag! I'm It

Fellow blogger Anna Saikin is playing blog tag with some other bloggers, and she tagged me. Apparently I have to answer six questions about myself and then tag other bloggers. So here goes:

1. Are you hot?
YES! It is WAY TOO HOT in the Tourist Trap, and the A/C still hasn't been fixed (though it seems to be working fine in the managers' office). It doesn't help that the temperature has been in the nineties lately. I feel like wrestling the water bottles away from the tourists just so I can splash some water on my face. But I suppose that would be bad customer service.

2. Upload a picture or wallpaper you are using at the moment.
I haven't uploaded any pictures of myself that show my face on this blog because I am not photogenic at all (and also because I'm more or less anonymous on this blog). In most of the pictures that have been taken of me, I think I look like Medusa, the woman whose hair was made of snakes. Or maybe that's just because I don't brush my hair every day.

3. When was the last time you ate chicken?
I ate Chicken McNuggets at McDonald's a few days ago, even though I don't like McDonald's. I have this slightly irrational fear that if I eat too much chicken I'll turn into one.

4. The song you listened to recently:
Katy Perry's "Last Friday Night". When I was a kid, I looked a little like "Kathy Beth Terry" (pre-makeover) in the video. Except I was more nerdy.



5. What were you thinking while doing this?
I was thinking that the fourth season of Jersey Shore is starting soon. If I was trapped in an elevator with Snooki and The Situation, I would literally pry open the doors with my hands (I think that the sheer terror would give me the adrenaline I need) and climb out of the elevator, leaving them to fend for themselves. And yet when the first episode airs, I'm going to watch it. Somehow watching the stupid things that they do (and say) makes me feel smarter, even though I accidentally put my pants on backwards the other day.

6. Do you have nicknames? What are they?
None that I know of. But I suppose that if I did tell people in my "real life" about my blog, they'd agree that "Neurotic Workaholic" is an appropriate nickname.

7. Tag eight blogger friends, even though I only tagged six, because I'm a rule-breaker like that. And to the people I've tagged, feel free to answer the questions and tag others. Or not. (It's not like I'll OBSESS about it if you don't.)

Cantaloupe
E.R. King at Get Busy Writing!
Geophrie at The Far Too Important Blog
Teddi at She Was Write
Lalalalauren at lauren vs. reality
Shannon at Shannon McMahon

Now I'm off to do some homework. And by "homework," I mean watch Jersey Shore reruns.

10 comments:

  1. It's hot here in London, too (miracle of miracles!). Hope you're managing to stay cool and procure some water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tag! I'm going to check out the other blogger friends! LOL about Snooki and The Situation. I'd do the exact same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is easy to get sucked into Jersey Shore. "Come at me bro!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the answers, and I'm glad to be of service :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Talli,
    Fortunately, I'll be leaving my summer job soon, so I can spend more time in cooler places.

    Hi, E.R. King,
    Snooki and the Situation are fun to watch, but it would not be fun to stuck in an elevator with them. I can only imagine what Snooki's speech at Rutgers was like; I heard that she advised the students to party a lot.

    Hi Libby,
    I know I should stop watching Jersey Shore, especially because there are better shows on TV. But somehow I can't help watching it; it's become one of my vices.

    Hi Anna,
    Thanks again! I think that the stress from my retail job was giving me writer's block, but writing this post helped.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jersey Shore is my guilty pleasure. In real life i would not be able to stand them but they make great trash TV!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's hotter than Hades here too! 97 degrees yesterday...Indiana climate pretty much sucks lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alice X,
    I think if I ever met the Jersey Shore guys in person they'd probably view me as a "grenade"; I don't look anything like the girls they usually go for. Even though I wouldn't want them to call me a grenade, at the same time at least I wouldn't have to worry about any of them being interested in me.

    Hi Catherine,
    This Midwestern extreme heat is why I prefer winter. I actually like it better when it's cold.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wallpaper won't download. What is it?!

    I'm glad you're out of that hot tourist trap since you posted this.

    I don't blame you about Jersey Shore. Which is scarier, being with them or turning into a chicken?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Theresa,
    Actually, I didn't upload my wallpaper because the one I'm using on my computer now has a picture of me with my dogs on it. I wish I could figure out how to do that thing that blurs out my face on my picture or puts a black bar over my eyes so that I can stay anonymous. :)
    I think that turning into a chicken would be scarier than being with the Jersey Shore cast. Even though five minutes with them would probably drive me up the wall, they'd probably say something so ridiculous (as they are wont to do) that I'd end up laughing...as I run away from them.

    ReplyDelete